Wednesday, August 8, 2007

One last shot

Well, it was the last shot for a little while at least! The doctor's office called at 8:30, and asked if Kayleigh and I could come this morning rather than this afternoon. Kayleigh just had to get in to see the nurse and get out, so I didn't think it would take a long time, but of course it's not easy to jump up and go out the door. I think it still took 30 minutes to leave! Like the good girl that she is, Kayleigh slept (yes, slept) through the shot! I heard the nurses talking outside, and one said that it's proof that shots don't really hurt. They might not hurt, but I'm sure it's a little frightening to have someone hold you down while someone else stabs you in the leg!!!
Anyway, I really think that if Kayleigh could talk, she would have woken up after we got home and told me about the weird dream that she had. I think it would go something like this, "Mom, I had this dream (sound familiar to some of you?!?!) that you took me to this office, and we were called back into a room. All of a sudden, there was a lady standing over me with something in her hand, and she told you to hold my leg down so that she could stab me. It didn't really hurt, but can you imagine someone wanting to stab me in the leg???" Then, I picture her looking down at the bandaid on her leg, wondering if it really was a dream...
I love my imagination!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The words Matt loves to hear in the morning: "I had the craziest dream last night." He knows his in for something wild! I don't know if it's good or bad to pass down the crazy dream gene!
~Valerie

Anonymous said...

That baby is one in a million. You're so lucky.