Thursday, August 20, 2009

I love my daughter!!!

Kayleigh is the sweetest thing ever, and she just melted my heart twice today with the nice things she said. Here are excerpts from our conversations this afternoon and tonight.

Setting the scene: I was working on painting in Kayleigh's big girl room, and she was bringing toys in from the other room. She found an Easter egg that I had taped up last year (2008) with paper clips in it to make noise. She was into it last year, and the toy has stuck around.
Conversation #1:
Me: I made that egg for you last year. You liked playing with it.
Kayleigh: You made this for me?
Me: Yes
Kayleigh: Oh, thank you Mommy! I love it!
Isn't that amazing???

Setting the scene: As many of you know, we are changing the bathroom around upstairs to make it more unisex for Kayleigh to share with baby brother. I have kept the old bathroom stuff in the hopes of selling it one day. It's in good condition, but definitely too girly for a boy to use! I was trying to clean up a little bit and got the shower hooks down and was going to put them and the shower curtain in the matching garbage can to keep it all together. Kayleigh was looking at the shower curtain hooks.
Conversation #2:
Kayleigh: Are these my hooks?
Me: Yes, but they are your old ones. You got new bathroom stuff, remember?
Kayleigh: A new shower curtain from Grandma and Barbara. (or something to that effect)
Me: Well, Grandma and Barbara put your new shower curtain up, but it's actually from aunt Val
Kayleigh: That was nice! I like it!

Don't you just want to squish her for being so cute?!?!?!?! I love my kid!
Erik says that it sounds like I'm bragging, but I don't care. It was too sweet to not document and put out there for the whole world to see!

3 comments:

Ali said...

You are allowed to brag! She's adorable and these are the moments that make everything we do all worth it! Enjoy every minute with her!

Anonymous said...

She talks to you like that because that's the way you and Erik talk to her.

Matthew and Valerie said...

She is a sweetie!