Wednesday, August 19, 2009

Ultrasound

Today I had another ultrasound to see how big this baby might be. I say might, because as you may know, the ultrasound can be off by a pound or two. I thought they would measure the baby's femur to tell the length, but they were just looking for weight. So, if you believe what I learned today, this baby already weighs about 5 lbs 11 oz. Whew! I am also measuring 35+ weeks, even though I'll just be 33 weeks tomorrow. His weight puts him in the 95th percentile. If he keeps growing like this, I think he'll run out of room in my stomach!
We also learned that we are still having a boy! That was the first shot we got today. According to the technician, his stuff "hasn't fallen off"! I said it was a good thing, because we'd have a lot of rearranging to do! Baby's heart rate was 138 bpm, meaning that he is nice and relaxed. Oh, and he has a head full of hair! You can see it in one of the ultrasound pictures that I've posted.
The doctor says that everything looks great. I've only gained 13 pounds, and my blood pressure is good, too. So, except for having an unnatural delivery, this pregnancy is text book perfect!







Profile











"Here's looking at you!"




















Back of his head and pointing to his hair

4 comments:

Jenna said...

So maybe this is a good thing you are having a c-section. He might weigh more than Kayleigh did! Kate's heartbeat today was 138 too; maybe a match in the making. He looks pretty cute too me.

Anonymous said...

I can't believe she is 2. She is the cutest little one I have ever seen. Can't wait to see the new baby boy! Love you all, Tia Katrina

Anonymous said...

We're so thankful to hear all the good news today. Another little (maybe not so little) blessing coming your way!

Anonymous said...

It was so good to see you and the "princess" today. I just loved getting to hold Kayleigh and kiss her. What a sweetie.
You looked good, little mama. Not too long now.
We miss you at school...
"Aunt" Anne
PS. Remember, Kayleigh-breakfast with me when "Bob" arrives.