Monday, April 16, 2007

33 week check up


First, I'll admit that this isn't my best picture, but it's a picture, so quit complaining!!! I had a doctor's appointment today. I saw a different doctor, so maybe I'm finally getting to see some of the other doctor's at this practice! He was very nice, and I had heard great things about him, so it was okay. I still prefer my lady doctor, but only because she's a lady. Here's what I learned today:
1. I've only gained 18 pounds!!! I'm proud of myself for that one!
2. Baby's heart rate was 138 bpm today.
3. I'm measuring at 34 weeks instead of 33 weeks! YIKES!

I'm not too worried about the baby measuring big, but I'm really not hoping for a big baby. I think that they will keep a closer eye on me and make sure that she doesn't get too big. No offense, Chat and Shirley, but I do NOT want a 9 pound baby! I just hope that she had a growth spurt, and things will get back to normal. We'll find out in a couple of weeks when I go back for my next appointment.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you look beautiful. :) Don't be concerned with how big they say the baby is. Being short doesn't have anything to do with the size of the baby you can have.
Mom

Anonymous said...

You look fabuloso! I myself had a 9 pounder (okay, 8lbs. 15.9ozs.-close enough!) and everything worked out okay. You'll be just fine. Any names yet?:)

~Kelli

Anonymous said...

Your Mom is right. Karina's friend Michelle who is taller just had her first baby 3 weeks ago. The baby was only 5lbs 13oz and 18", but she is beautiful with lots of hair. Look at my 4'11" and Kristen's height. You ARE beautiful and so will baby be. Estas preciosa, cuidate mucho y te quiero mucho. Tia Katrina