Monday, April 2, 2007

Springtime Tallahassee


Every year in Tallahassee, there is a big outdoor festival called Springtime Tallahassee. Erik used to have a booth set up there, but since he's not selling his picture frames anymore, it's been nice to go and enjoy it without working. This year, though, Erik has been running, and one of the events is a 10K run. He and Drew planned to run it again. There have also been a group of teachers who have started walking together after school. Not being as ambitious as Erik and Drew, the teachers decided to do the 1 mile Fun Run/Walk. We teachers have gotten a lot of press for our outdoor activities, and after Springtime, made it into the newspaper. I have to say that I was quite proud of myself for making it into the Sports section! I don't think I have ever seen my name there! When you read the article, you'll notice that it says that I'm 8 months pregnant. Okay, I know that I'm not, but doesn't that sound better than 7 1/2?? I just rounded up! Here's the link to the article. I'm quite proud of all of us! Leave me a comment if the link doesn't work, or (obviously) if you want to congratulate me on a job well done!!! :)
http://www.tallahassee.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=2007704010342
You might have to copy and paste the link, FYI.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wow - you 2 are famous with all your running activities. Name and quote in the paper. Pictures on the web. Good for you. 63 days to go.

Molly said...

How fun! You were in the paper? That's awesome! And it sounds like it was a really fun day, too! How great, Lisa!