Monday, April 16, 2007

Palace Saloon 5K

I know that I do a lot of talking about myself, so here's something about Erik. He and Drew ran a 5K this weekend. Being a good wife, I went to cheer them on. Most of the races they have run did a loop, so the start and finish line were in the same spot. This time, it was a straight shot, so I left them a few minutes before the start of the race to drive to the finish line. While gone, I bought myself breakfast, after going first to Tropical Smoothie (only to find out that it's closed at 8:00 AM), to the bank for cash, and then to McDonalds. I forgot to eat breakfast, and I get sick to my stomach now if I wait too long to eat. Anyhoo, I made it to the finish line with time to spare. Erik ran a personal best 21 minutes and 42 seconds! The official time said 46 seconds, but he's pretty sure that it should have said 42. Drew came in at 22 minutes and 20-something seconds, also a personal best!
Their next race is going to be a 10K on May 5th. It's to benefit the animal shelter, so it's for a good cause! I may do the 1 mile fun run/walk that day, depending on how I feel. I'll be 9 months pregnant then. Maybe I could get my name in the paper again!! Hmmm...:)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

YAY for Erik and Drew. I couldn't do that.
I'm SURE you'd get your name and picture in the paper doing a mile walk at 9 months. Who do you take after wanting all that publicity??